2022 Show Supreme Champion:
Clifftown Naughty But Nice from Dylan Townend and Nicky Midgley
ALL ENQUIRIES FOR THIS SECTION TO:
Cattle Section Secretary:
ENTRIES ACCEPTED UP TO AND ON THE DAY
KEY RULES AND UNDERTAKINGS
- Exhibitors must have Public Liability Insurance.
- The recording of movements to the show is the responsibility of the exhibitor.
- Bulls must be handled in accordance with HSE Guidance – Notes GS36 ‘safe custody of bulls at agricultural shows’ e.g. – all bulls to have two handlers. All bulls over the age of 10 months to be ringed or led by bulldogs.
- Straw, electricity points, water and milking facilities will be provided.
- Cattle may arrive the day before, after 5pm.
- Cattle to be on the show ground by 9:00am on the day of show and cannot leave the show ground until after the Grand Parade.
- Cattle must be tethered at the Society’s standing.
- The Society reserves the right to Create or Amalgamate classes depending on entries.
- Prize money shall be allocated as follows: 1st place: £30, 2nd place: £20, 3rd place: £15
- Any breed class with six or more entries will have an additional prize of 4th Place: £10
- Prize money for Young Handlers classes will be allocated as follows: 1st place: £15, 2nd place: £10, 3rd place: £5
- Champions, reserve champions and 1st prize winners in all cattle sections will be required to take part in the grand parade. All prize winners are invited to take part if they wish.
BREED SPECIFIC RULES
- The cross must be given on the entry form (name of breed sired first). If a Pure Bred animal is entered in this section, it must not be entered into any other classes i.e. its respective breed section.
- An animal may not be entered into more than one class, with the exception of the Pairs class, open to all cattle irrespective of breed.
- All animals must be double tagged. These will be checked at the show against the entry form.
- Bullocks must be castrated to the satisfaction of the stewards.
- Heifers must be guaranteed free of calf.
- If the conditions of entry are not upheld, the prize money will be forfeited.
- In the event of any dispute the decision of the Cattle Secretary shall be final.
BREED CHAMPIONSHIP RULES
Championships are open to all first placed exhibits in the breed’s classes. Then, once the Champion has been determined, the second place exhibit from the Champions’ class may enter the ring to determine Reserve Champion.
|To follow Limousin
|To follow Blues
|To follow Blondes
|Any Other Continental
|To follow Simmental
|Interbreed Continental Championship
|To follow Dexter
|To follow Beef Shorthorn
|To follow Highland
|Any Other Native or Rare Breeds
|To follow Belted Galloway
|To follow Aberdeen Angus
|Interbreed Native Championship
|Supreme Beef Championship
|To follow Holstein
|To follow Ayrshire
|Any Other Dairy Breed
|To follow Jersey
|Supreme Dairy Championship
|Young Handlers – Dairy
|Young Handlers – Beef
|All Breeds Pairs
|4, 5 & 6
|Interbreed Baby Beef
|4 & 5
|Show Supreme Championship
|4 & 5
|To follow Supreme Beef