2022 SHOW SUPREME CHAMPION
ALL ENQUIRIES FOR THIS SECTION TO:
Sheep Section Secretary:
Mrs Elizabeth Greenwood (Lizzie)
01422 825324 or 07796 552352
Hi all, this year will mark my 20th year of being involved with Halifax Show, not bad to say I thought it would be fun and something to do whilst on maternity leave with my first child all those years ago, two children later & I’m still here ha, ha, ha!
Thank you to all who turned out in 2022 for what was the hottest show day I have ever had and with everybody’s teamwork we were able to keep all of the sheep sheltered and fully hydrated.
Thank you to Calderdale Young Farmers Club for their help in putting the pens up and for staying behind to dismantle them.
2023 sees the introduction of two new breed classes: Blue Texel & Suffolk, so here’s hoping for a good turnout!
Thank you to all who exhibited last year, your support is very much appreciated, and I would like to welcome any new exhibitors to the team.
Lizzie Greenwood, Sheep Section Secretary
KEY RULES AND UNDERTAKINGS
All sheep and lambs must be tagged with UK flock number and individually.
- All exhibitors must have Public Liability Insurance.
- No entry will be accepted unless it is on an official form and accompanied by the correct fee.
- The Judge’s decision will be final.
- Sheep are the responsibility of their owner and the Society cannot be held responsible for loss, damage or injury to sheep, property or vehicles.
- There must be competition in all classes and The Society reserves the right to Create or Amalgamate classes depending on entries, and restrict the prize money in the event of insufficient entries.
- Sheep must by penned by 9.00am and must be kept on the show ground until 5.00pm.
- Please state on entry form if sheep are accredited.
- It is recommended that all sheep brought to the show ground be protected from sheep scab.
- The Society reserve the right to refuse entry of any sheep showing indications of any contagious disease.
- Sheep in Fat Lamb and Young Handler classes cannot be shown in any other class.
- ENTRIES: Must be sent on the enclosed form and returned to the Sheep Section Secretary with a cheque, made payable to The Halifax Agricultural Society Ltd.
1. Entry Fee: £2.00 per entry.
2. Entries close 31st July 2023 (late entries accepted at £1 extra per sheep)
3. Prize money will be allocated as follows: 1st – £8, 2nd – £5, 3rd – £3, Rosette for 4th
4. Prize money for Young Handler classes will be allocated as follows: 1st – £5, 2nd – £4, 3rd – £3, 4th – £2, ‘Well Done’ Rosette for 5th, 6th etc.
5. One bag of corn for each 1st in classes 1 to 3 kindly donated by Stephenson‛s Animal feed. Each child receives a bag of sweets.
6. Sadly due to the lack of exhibitors the Texel class has been cancelled, any exhibits of Texels please enter in Any Other Pure Bred Breed.
SHEEP SECTION SPONSORS
The Society would like to offer thanks to all who sponsor the Sheep Section. Your continued support is very much appreciated!
Stephenson’s Animal Feeds (Todmorden) for two bags of corn for the Supreme Champion, three 25kg bags and ten sample bags of corn in the Young Handler section.